SENIOR AND JUNIOR FELLOWSHIPS
CEU - Institute for Advanced Study
Starting date: 1 Oct. 2012
Feb 15, 2012
Application deadline: Feb 29, 2012
The CEU Institute for Advanced Study (CEU -IAS) invites applications for its core fellowship program for the academic year 2012-13. Both senior and junior level scholars (maximum 6 years post PhD) are welcome to apply. Fellowships are available in all areas of the social sciences and humanities. Scholars reside in Budapest during their 9-month fellowship year and pursue independent research in an environment conducive to focused scholarship.
CEU-IAS provides a stimulating environment in which the fellows can devote themselves to their research and share their work with peers through weekly seminars and other community programs. Fellows have access to all CEU facilities, including seminar and conference space, computer services, and library resources. They also benefit from CEU’s vibrant international atmosphere, its strong ties in Hungary, and its location in culturally rich Budapest. CEU-IAS facilitates the fellows’ engagement with the CEU and Hungarian scholarly community by encouraging collaborative projects, organizing joint public lectures, establishing student mentorship programs, and related activities.
• Fellowships are highly competitive and fellows are chosen through a rigorous selection process. The Selection Committee will primarily consider the quality of the research proposal as well as the applicant’s proven track record or promise of scholarly productivity.
• Fellows must hold a Ph.D. or equivalent in the social sciences or humanities at the time of their application.
• CEU graduates and employees are not eligible to apply for 6 years after the ending of their studies/contract.
Senior fellows receive a monthly stipend of 2,500 Euros, junior fellows 1,500 Euros to help support their stay in Budapest. In addition, all fellows receive free housing (minus utilities) at the Wallenberg Guesthouse (https://www.ceu.hu/guesthouse).
How to apply?
Preregister by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title and abstract of your research proposal by February 15, 2012.
Submit the full application package by February 29, 2012.
The application package should include:
• The application form (download from this page: http://ias.ceu.hu/node/27345)
• a full CV including your most important publications (max. 2,000 words)
• a description of your research project (max. 3 pages)
• an abstract of your research project (max. 150 words)
• For junior scholars only: please ask two scholars familiar with your work to send recommendation letters directly to email@example.com
For further information regarding your application and for more info on CEU-IAS, please consult: http://ias.ceu.hu.
Enquiries may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your complete application package to: email@example.com.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.